- How to Order
- Bundled Products
- Product Reviews
OUR FOOTWEAR IS AVAILABLE IN WHOLE AND HALF SIZES, OR FOR CUSTOM SHOES, CLICK THE 'HOW TO ORDER TAB' ABOVE ^
Our Mid Wedge Ribbon sandal collection features a flexible sole, 2.5" wood wedge heel, and interchangeable ribbon ties. We make these shoes to your custom design: choose your style, color, size and more! You can order these shoes in whole or half sizes, which fit most people's feet spectacularly. But if you'd like a totally custom-made pair, no problemo - just choose "Custom Fit" and upload your tracing as described in the "How To Order" tab above.
This is the specific style that was shown on the Discovery Network/Science Channel show "How It's Made"! Check out the video of exactly how we make these shoes here - the style we made for the episode is a Thong, Black Faux Leather with Walnut Heel.
Our wood wedge heel is ergonomically carved in our workshop from sustainably-sourced American woods and feature arch support and a concave-cupped heel to cradle your foot - these feel like orthopedic shoes but are a gazillion times cuter!!! To add to the comfort, our cushy footbed is lined with a full quarter-inch (6.4mm) of luxurious padding lined with high-end faux leather that we hand screenprint with our original drawings. Our materials are vegan and sourced in USA, and our processes are as eco-friendly as possible.
We can accommodate a variety of special circumstances, such as two different size feet, two different sole heights, etc. Please describe your request in the comments section at checkout. Feel free to contact us with any questions or comments at shoes [at] mohop.com.
Your shoes will be pre-laced and the additional ribbons will be tucked in an organza travel bag along with an illustrated 'how to tie' card set. Please refer to our terms for shipment time and other info. You may return or exchange your order for any reason as long as you try your shoes INDOORS ONLY! Thanks!!!
Be sure to follow us on and don't forget to check out our Free Ribbon Offer!
For more product testimonials, please visit our Etsy Customer Reviews page.
To order your custom robot+artisan made shoes, please select the following in the menus above:
1) STYLE - Thong or Slide. The thong style has a loop at the toe and three loops along the side. The slide style has four loops along the side. For superior durability, our loop material is custom braided in the USA from 100% nylon, per Mohop's exacting specifications.
2) FOOTBED COLOR - Black Vegan Leather and Copper Vegan Ostrich. Our fauxs are THE BEST: we use a very high-end, space-age material made of nylon filament that is laid 3-dimensionally to replicate the natural collagen structure of leather, providing superior durabilty and breathability. Our faux leathers are sustainably manufactured with reduced-impact materials and processes in North Carolina. .
3) HEEL COLOR - White Linden, Cherry, Walnut or Black Linden. Carved from sustainably-sourced American woods, each heel is one-of-a-kind with a unique grain - please expect some variation from the exact color and grain pattern shown above, as well as the possibility of a rare small check or knot. White Linden is finished with a clear, water-based sealer; Cherry and Walnut are finished with a warm-toned oil-based sealer; Black Linden is colored with a deep, dark, water-based dye.
4) RIBBON SET - Neutral, Rainbow or Stripe. Five pairs of 66" ribbons in a variety of colors as shown in the photos (occasionally substitutions may be made). Widths vary from 3/8"(10mm) to 1.5"(38mm). Our ribbons are woven in family-owned factories in Pennsylvania of 100% polyester. For additional ribbons to multiply your styling options, click here. Shoes larger than 10W will be shipped longer ribbons.
5) SIZE - US sizes 5-13. Most people feel our shoe sizing is fairly accurate to US whole sizes. If you'd like to double check, please click and print the pages linked below to "virtually" try your shoes on [BE SURE TO PRINT FULL SIZE BY SETTING PAGE SCALING TO "NONE" OR "FULL SIZE" IN YOUR PRINTER DIALOG BOX!].
6) WIDTH - Regular, Narrow or Wide. Please refer to the sizing charts linked below.
For a custom fit pair of sandals carved to your individual foot shape, follow the instructions in the "How To Order" tab above.
WHAT YOU NEED TO ORDER CUSTOM SHOES:
- a printer with standard letter or A4 paper
- a credit card
- a dark pen or marker
- a smartphone
1. Click here to print out the template. Be sure that your printer is set to print FULL SIZE (not "fit to page"). Verify the printout is the correct size by holding a credit card to the MOHOP graphic.
2. Align the back of your heel bone with the target near the corner of the printout. Place your foot on the sheet so your heel and the crotch between your big toe and second toe are both centered on the dashed line.
3. With your weight on your foot, trace around your foot twice, once with the pen straight up (perpendicular to the floor), and once with the pen angled under your foot. Please also mark your "toe crotch".
4. Find the "Upload File" at the bottom of the customization column and press "Choose File" to access your camera phone. From above, carefully align the template within the boundaries of the phone and take the photo. For an extra accurate upload, turn on the gridlines and align the grids (Iphone). If you'd prefer to order through a computer, you may need to first email yourself the photo so you can save it to your computer for uploading.
5. Wait for Mohop's robots and artisans to do our magic: making a totally unique, custom pair just for you!
*ALTERNATE METHOD: mail your foot tracing to us at the address below. Ideally, please trace your foot on our template and trace twice as described in step 3 above. If you don't have access to a printer, you can trace on plain paper, but please expect delays. Be sure to write your order number and name on your tracing!
Mohop . 700 North Carpenter Street, Lower Level . Chicago, Illinois 60642